Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Showers


Actually they were March showers, but it took awhile to get all the pieces together for this post. I had two magnificent baby showers--we opted to split them up to be more intimate. I apologize in advance if someone felt slighted.

I still find it hard to believe that I actually had a baby shower. A day doesn't go by [even with my swollen feet and expanding belly] when I don't take a deep breath and give thanks for being just weeks away from the new arrival.

No more words today...just pictures.


My friend Jenn made 24 individual block cakes--filled with coconut cream frosting. She cut all the lettering, etc by hand. The favors were herbs with the tag, "Grow with the Fiske Family".

Jenn and I

Julie, co-hostess, and shower giver extraordinaire

There's a great bib on the table, it says "Star of Mommy's Blog". The favors were Nancy's homemade truffles in these cute baby bottle boxes.

My mom and the future Aunt Nancy who threw a lovely brunch.


My mother-in-law and sister-in-law flew in from Minnesota.

I could post so many more pictures. Julie got some terrific invitations and decorations from serendipitydesignco.com [they can be found on Etsy]. They were baby bottle Bellinis [which I heard were delicious]. The first venue was at a terrific new wine bar in Los Gatos called Enoteca La Storia. There were so many beautiful, cute and thoughtful gifts.

Thank you all for sharing in the celebration.






1 comment:

  1. Such great pictures. Thanks for sharing! You're almost there....so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete