Sunday, October 2, 2011

Whoa....5 Months



The dog is still winning, but Franklin is trying to catch up. It is amazing how fast the time is going. This month has brought a few milestones---some good, some bad.

We experienced our first cold. It took almost three weeks for the snuffles and cough to go away. Though the doctor said he was the happiest sick baby he'd seen. And, that really is the difference. Franklin, has gone from being 'the Fusster' to being the 'the Happster'. Lots of smiles...most of the fussing comes from interrupting his feedings or just being undernapped.

We tried our first solid last week--rice cereal. What a mess. However, the boy is ready for it. He looks longingly whenever Clay and I are eating in front of him. He is also capable of holding his own bottle--which comes in handy when mom wants to reach for her own glass of wine during happy hour.

I wish I could post a picture of a party I had last Saturday...there were five of us and our babies. All of us have traveled the path of infertility and come out on the other side--it was magical to see all of us with our dreams come true. Each of us had our own story. However, I won't ever publicly post any pictures of others' kids without prior permission, so you'd have to send me a note to see the photo.

I keep appreciating the extra time I have with Franklin, but I am ready to go back to work--hopefully, the right job is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment