Monday, February 3, 2014

Home Stretch: 4 weeks and Counting

Home stretch, literally and figuratively.  Just when I think my stomach can't get any bigger it does.   It has a lot to house.

We had our last ultrasound today…the estimations are that #25, baby boy, is 6 pounds and #7, baby girl, is 5 pounds.  That is at 34 weeks.   With a half pound gain estimated per baby per week, OMG, I can't even imagine how I am going to be feeling at the finish line.

That said, I just want to make it safely to the finish line.  We had a scare a couple weeks ago, when a couple symptoms of pre-eclampsia started to show up.  I've tried not to think about it this pregnancy as the high-risk doctor thought it would be unlikely this time, but I've also not slowed down.

The good news is that I am not on bed rest.  Work has been amazingly supportive and now I work from home two days a week, plus try to commute during less stressful hours.  Most importantly, it has made me put my actions into better perspective.   I canceled a girls' weekend away because even 48 hours with my favorite gals wasn't worth a trip to the ER and NICU.

Thank you all for the support and good wishes you have sent our way.  I am so thankful that we have made it this far.   Everyone asks, "Are we ready?"   I think we are more ready to be parents than we were three years ago, but every baby is different and this time we will be juggling two, plus the amazing Mr. F.    The only thing we can be ready with at this point in time is a sense of humor…we're going to need it.




No comments:

Post a Comment