Monday, November 1, 2010

A Year of Miracles

I still owe a post on my most recent scan, but as a long time San Francisco Giants fan we interrupt this blog for a celebration!

I have been a Giants fan for 43 years [well, maybe consciously for 38 years], never to experience the thrill of a World Series Victory. Tonight I had tears in my eyes as I saw the dreams fulfilled for millions of fans. The greatest thing about this accomplishment was that it was a team effort. No superstars, just a bunch of guys who didn't stop believing in themselves--even though the experts predicted a victory for the other team.

I know that #3 is doing a high five right now inside because "he" more than anyone can appreciate what a team effort can lead to. I am pregnant right now because there was a team of folks who believed that with a little science and a little luck I could be on the path to motherhood. Getting here has been filled with wins and losses, but the victory sometimes is sweeter when it is hard fought and unexpected.

Today's post is dedicated to all those who are batting against infertility. In those immortal words of Journey, "Don't Stop Believing."

And, thank you, San Francisco Giants. Enjoy your miracle.



Grandpa to Be, Me and #3 at Game 1 of the 2010 World Series against the Texas Rangers

2 comments:

  1. GO GIANTS!!!! As a transplanted Bay Area native in the Boston area, I am so missing the live celebrations. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete